Whew. Another 2.5 hours of mayhem!
In this episode, Caesar and Pompey finally face off in the battle to determine the fate of Western civilization. Two men enter – one man leaves!
- It’s August in 48BCE.
- Caesar withdraws from Dyrrachium.
- He arrives at Gomphi who close their doors to him – so he lays siege to the city and gives his men permission to kill, rape and plunder.
- When he gets to the city of Metropolis, they decide they are better off letting him in.
- Pompey catches up with him at Pharsalus. They camp, stare each other down for a few days but don’t give battle. UNTIL…
- Caesar tries to leave but notices Pompey’s troops follow him onto the open plains. He turns around and they prepare to do battle.
- Caesar is outnumbered 2-to-1. His cavalry are outnumbered SEVEN-to-one.
- And then, in a feat of military tactics that is still pretty unbelievable, Caesar DESTROYS Pompey’s forces, in a matter of hours.
- Pompey runs away to Egypt… where he is assassinated by an old friend and beheaded.
Our plugs for this episode:
- Evercontact – they make it easy to save new contacts from your emails automatically into your address book! Here’s a referral link with 25% off Evercontact Premium!
- Darren Bostock – He’s a tech wiz who can literally do ANYTHING. Check him out at Zefring Services.
- Paula Davis – Paula has a serious medical condition and is looking for a saint to help her either find a new doctor or raise some money so she can fly elsewhere for medical treatment. Email her if you can help.
HOW TO LISTEN
If you’re seeing this message, it means you aren’t logged in as a subscriber. If want to listen to the premium episodes of the series – 200 episodes on the lives of Julius, Augustus and Tiberius Caesar – you’ll need to become one of our subscribers and REGISTER NOW and pay unto Caesar what is Caesar’s.