Welcome to our first episode!
Think of this as a general introduction to Julius Caesar. We discuss a lot of myths and misconceptions that people might have about the man.
- Why is Caesar considered the greatest Roman?
- Why is he still fascinating after all this time?
- Was he gay, bi or just willing to do whatever it took for a goal?
- Why was he a political maverick when he was born into the nobility?
- Did he want to rule the world or Roman world?
- Was the fall of the Republic his fault?
- Why did Emperors after him take the name Caesar?
- “Et tu, Brute?” – his real last words?
- The origin of “crossing the Rubicon”.
- Was he an Emperor?
- How much evidence do we have about his life?
The best reviews win one of our coffee mugs!