Welcome to our first episode!
Think of this as a general introduction to Julius Caesar. We discuss a lot of myths and misconceptions that people might have about the man.
- Why is Caesar considered the greatest Roman?
- Why is he still fascinating after all this time?
- Was he gay, bi or just willing to do whatever it took for a goal?
- Why was he a political maverick when he was born into the nobility?
- Did he want to rule the world or Roman world?
- Was the fall of the Republic his fault?
- Why did Emperors after him take the name Caesar?
- “Et tu, Brute?” – his real last words?
- The origin of “crossing the Rubicon”.
- Was he an Emperor?
- How much evidence do we have about his life?
The best reviews win one of our coffee mugs!
HOW TO LISTEN
If you’re seeing this message, it means you aren’t logged in as a subscriber. If want to listen to the premium episodes of the series – 200 episodes on the lives of Julius, Augustus and Tiberius Caesar – you’ll need to become one of our subscribers and REGISTER NOW and pay unto Caesar what is Caesar’s.