Whew. Another 2.5 hours of mayhem!
In this episode, Caesar and Pompey finally face off in the battle to determine the fate of Western civilization. Two men enter – one man leaves!
- It’s August in 48BCE.
- Caesar withdraws from Dyrrachium.
- He arrives at Gomphi who close their doors to him – so he lays siege to the city and gives his men permission to kill, rape and plunder.
- When he gets to the city of Metropolis, they decide they are better off letting him in.
- Pompey catches up with him at Pharsalus. They camp, stare each other down for a few days but don’t give battle. UNTIL…
- Caesar tries to leave but notices Pompey’s troops follow him onto the open plains. He turns around and they prepare to do battle.
- Caesar is outnumbered 2-to-1. His cavalry are outnumbered SEVEN-to-one.
- And then, in a feat of military tactics that is still pretty unbelievable, Caesar DESTROYS Pompey’s forces, in a matter of hours.
- Pompey runs away to Egypt… where he is assassinated by an old friend and beheaded.
Our plugs for this episode:
- Evercontact – they make it easy to save new contacts from your emails automatically into your address book! Here’s a referral link with 25% off Evercontact Premium!
- Darren Bostock – He’s a tech wiz who can literally do ANYTHING. Check him out at Zefring Services.
- Paula Davis – Paula has a serious medical condition and is looking for a saint to help her either find a new doctor or raise some money so she can fly elsewhere for medical treatment. Email her if you can help.